The County Durham & Darlington NHS FT Financial Services Department contains around 35 staff, and like many in the NHS has been subject to a couple of restructurings over the last 2 years.
As a result of the need to downsize to save cash, and then to integrate another NHS organisation this has created significant pressures and a real hard time. Add to this the constant need for efficiency, staff reductions and more work to be done by everyone.
In other words the team has to get a lot more done with a lot less resource!!
The team needed to re-gain the energy it had been losing due the pressures it was facing.
Our solution was to create a teambuilding event designed to re-capture the spirit and energy that had drained through this period of change and re-structuring.
The event needed to contain a number of practical ideas and techniques that the team could apply immediately apply to the work environment.
It needed to be high on practicality with lots of things that would impact on the team straight away.
PDG designed a tailored development programme focused on;
- Change and how it affects us.
- What motivates us and how to tap into it in periods of constant change.
- The importance of recognition and making people feel valued
- Staying positive under pressure, how to control our attitude.
- Communicating effectively with different personalities.
- Building a high performance team environment.
The results stand for themselves. Here’s what people had to say about it;
- Reinforced the belief that energy and fun makes life better.
- Fab! Really enjoyed it and it’s been really helpful in pulling us together as a team, understanding how we need to move forwards.
- The session really brought us together as a group and let us celebrate our strengths.
- Excellent subjects covered in an interesting session.
- Challenging but fun. Well worth a day out of the office.
- Fun day, entertaining and interesting. Helped department pull together in a non stressful environment.
- A very good worthwhile day.
- It’s boosted my attitude towards my role, my colleagues and myself.
- Has made me re-evaluate my role within the department and attitude to others.
- Highlighted the fact we need to lighten up once in a while- the work will still get done.
- Made me a better team player.
- Taught me to be more positive in my approach to my role rather than be negative which I know I am.
- Brings to light the need for positivity and how your attitude affects others.
- Working as a team in a fun environment can achieve the best results.
- Learned how easy it is to work as a team member and be happy in my work.
Heres what Lynn Browell, Associate Director of Finance had to say about the impact of the programme. Click Here.
To find out how you can re-energise your team in these challenging times call 0113 2288808 or email firstname.lastname@example.org