The Road Haulage Association (RHA) provides dedicated campaigning, advice, information and business services specially tailored for the haulage industry.
Having undertaken a period of re-structuring the RHA wanted to bring their regionally based organisation together and create a ‘one company’ approach to driving the business forward.
The RHA had a number of very specific objectives that the programme needed to create, these were;
- A leadership team with a shared and agreed set of values and behaviours that defines the future culture of the RHA
- A senior leadership team with a unified business strategy and a strategic plan created through a willingness to work together
- A team who can inspire, motivate, engage with their colleagues and build a high performance team environment
- Leaders that can communicate effectively and be recognised as much for their people skills as their technical and legislative skills
- Confidence in their ability to manage performance, coach for improved results, and give constructive feedback.
- Greater ability to manage and lead change within the business
- Attitude and behaviour change so there is a real permanent change in leadership style within the RHA
The RHA asked us to design and deliver a tailored Senior Management Team Development Programme that included participants from the Board of Management.
The programme took place over a period of 6 months. Prior to the programme commencing participants undertook individual needs assessment which included profiling to identify their leadership tendencies and the specific areas that would support their growth as key leaders and managers within the business.
The programme was tailored to both the orgnisational and individual requirements of the participants.
Key areas that the programme focused on included;
- Developing an agreed set of organisational values that defined the personality of the RHA
- Building a motivational, productive, empowered working environment and culture.
- Driving improvements throughout the business with innovative and creative thinking.
- Creating a culture of recognition.
- Creating an agreed set of performance expectations for key members of the management team
- Managing and leading organisational change.
- Bringing the regional teams together to create ‘One Company’
What did the participants say about the results?
By developing ‘one company’ approach, there is a clearer direction, with all staff being involved in developing business.
Best training I’ve had over 40 years! Geared to my needs. Challenging.
A worthwhile programme to help my development.
Some vital elements that have become part of my daily planning.
Excellent course – consistently high standard of lasting and developing value. Though provoking positive and valuable response to feedback and issues raised by delegates.
An excellent well presented course aimed at senior management team development.
Excellent course, I feel able to progress and be a more valuable member of staff and manager/sales director.
Excellent programme. Thank you. Very relevant and appropriate, the programme really helped me in a senior role.
Positive, personal, personable.
Excellent in all respects.
An overall benefit in all areas, helping the overall team co-hesion.
Very good. Thoroughly recommended.
Very well presented – the team acquired new skills and learnt processes that will help us to improve the business.
The RHA is a much more focussed organisation.
To find out more about how we might help your senior team create permanent change please call 0113 228 8808 or email firstname.lastname@example.org