Millennials will make up 75% of the workforce by 2025 with many attaining managerial roles replacing thousands of baby boomers along the way. There is now an ever greater awarenss of the need to prepare millennials for management.
Millennials need credibility and authority to lead. Relationship building and trust are vital.
They need to listen to the experiences of their team and feel comfortable managing those older than themselves.
This programme is designed to develop millennials into managers. Not command and control but a new style based on inclusion, involvement and participation.
- How to build relationships and trust face to face.
- How to give real time constructive feedback and performance reviews.
- Build your internal and external teambuilding skills
- How to build a strong cohesive high performing team with differing abilities, perspectives and skills
- How to define the roles and goals for your team and encourage ownership and accountability
- How to delegate without micromanaging
- Become a strong communicator, enhance your listening and influencing skills
- How to face confrontation -person to person.
- How to constructively confront and criticise team members with radical candour
- How to manage the change in relationship with people who now report to you
- Making the transition from one of the team to team leader
- Balancing the needs of the people you report to and the people you lead
- How to hire the right person and develop your team through effective coaching
- How to become a downward facing manager
Programme Duration: 2 full days 9am-4.30pm
Who will benefit from attending?
Anyone who has recently been promoted into a management or leadership position or are about to take that step forward.
The programme is particularly suitable for millenials who are making the transformation from doing to leading.