Stepping into management or leadership role for the first time can be both a rewarding and challenging event. This hands on programme helps newly promoted managers and leaders to develop the core skills and competencies to make this transition an effective and smooth one.
The programme provides you with a foundation in effective management processes and leadership strategies.
It will enable you to communicate your ideas effectively to your team, recognise the qualities of effective leadership, build flexibility into your management and leadership style, coach your team to higher levels of productivity, build a positive motivational environment around you and motivate and empower others to create a positive place to work.
- Understand senior management’s expectations of you as well as your peers and colleagues.
- Identify your preferred leadership style and the work style of your team.
- Understand what it takes to build a powerful and motivational work environment.
- Coach your team to higher levels of productivity through effective feedback, one-on-one conversations and constructive criticism.
- Plan and lead more effective team meetings, know how to tap into the creative potential of those around me to take ownership and feel confident in solving problems effectively.
- Team-Building. Build a high productive team around me. Understand how to create a high performance team culture.
- Expand Your Comfort Zone. Develop more poise, self-belief and self-confidence, particularly under pressure and in new situations. Develop more of your personal potential. Unlock the talents that lie within you and reach new levels of performance.
Programme Duration: One full day, 9.00am-4.30pm
Who should attend?
Anyone in a leadership role who wants to step back and benchmark their leadership effectiveness. People who has recently moved into or is about to be promoted into a leadership or management position.