In the past the job of a manager was to make things happen through people they controlled. Today’s managers still have to make things happen but they’re less likely to control directly the people they rely on.
The ability to develop strong relationships and influencing others are paramount.
Success at work at any level depends on your ability to establish credibility quickly, communicate persuasively, listen and deal effectively with a variety of different personalities, work smoothly and efficiently with others whilst enlisting their support as well as communicating with impact. We continually work on ways to exert our influence but often fall short.
This innovate workshop draws from the skills many of the world’s best change agents and influencing tools, creating a powerful model for behaviour change and becoming an even more powerful influencer.
• Identify the high-leverage behaviours that are essential to successful influence- the thee keys to influence
• How to build rapport, influence and to sell your ideas to different personality types
• The six sources of influential thinking and how to use them effectively- personal, social and structural factors.
• How to communicate effectively by demonstrating competence and connection
• Understand the ten principles of persuasion
• Techniques to get to know and really understand the other persons point of view
• Knowledge of and techniques to avoid the classic mistakes in persuasion and negotiation
• Deal effectively with conflict and develop a greater ability to deal with objections as they arise and think on your feet.
• How to earn the currency of influence- the 9 principles of trust
• How to listen to truly understand- the 5 levels of listening
Programme Duration: Two days, 9.00am-4.30pm each day
Who will benefit from attending?
Anyone from senior manager to team leader who needs to develop their communication skills, understanding of different personality types and develop their ability to influence and persuade others of their point of view or way of thinking.