You can’t lead and neglect people at the same time.
Busyness that distracts from people is deadly to organizational energy.
Don’t let paperwork and meetings prevent you from quarterly one-on-ones with your team. People aren’t the problem. How to maximize your time with them is.
Moving the ball down the field is your secondary concern; players are the first.
- Create positive energy.
- Eliminate distractions. We all have tendencies to waste energy by getting off target.
- Demonstrate belief. You must believe in people to influence them in positive ways.
- Release passion.
- Focus talent. Good people may end up spread too thin.
- Strengthen respect. Don’t worry about people respecting you. Show respect to them.
- Move the ball down the field.
One-on-ones, when done well, energize organizations. Not because leaders are so wonderful, but because everyone wants to succeed and feel good about their role.
One-on-ones are opportunities to help others maximize their contribution.
This blog explainshow to deliver outstanding one-ones along with 20 great questions that will energize your next one-one feedback session.
Click here; to download the article.
Evaluate your leadership by how well you energize others.